English Muffin Breakfast "Pizzas"


I never ever skip breakfast. Perhaps one of the reasons I don't skip it is partly because my glucose supply would shoot down to nil and cause me to pass out. At this point, I would become a road hazard on my early morning drive. I'm joking. I do not skip breakfast because I love food too much. I wake up and look forward to nibbling on something.

Many individuals plea that setting time aside early morning to prepare a wholesome and nutritiously sound breakfast diverts their much needed energy to finish important tasks. Energy that is intended to be spent screaming at the children to chart the school bus on time, scramble into a fresh pair of clean clothes, or even rush to find essential belongings before venturing out on your nine-to-five shift. It doesn't have to be this way with breakfast. Fast food (not McDonald's or Taco Bell, although delicious, but not the type of fast food I'm talking about) is an obvious necessity in all of our lives, and I want you to know that you can whip up a savory breakfast that is loaded with verve! Remember, breakfast can be made in a brisk and efficient manner that will not compromise quality and flavor. You and I know that if it doesn't taste good, it simply won't work.

That is why this recipe has become my most regular solitary breakfast. English Muffin Breakfast "Pizzas". Toasty rounds of brown whole-grain English muffins are piled with lush bright red tomatoes, meaty Canadian bacon, and gooey Mozzarella cheese. The credit for this recipe is given to one of my most favorite people, Ellie Krieger. I just love her. She is the reason why I am studying Human Nutrition. More about her later. I think it's a lavish concoction of Californian heart plus a bit of Italy's Tuscan flavor. But of course it's easy. Make some over the weekend and freeze them so you can start munching a lot sooner in the morning. If you choose to do this, add 1 to 2 minutes extra to the baking time. A glass of skim milk is great with this.

Ingredients

1 whole wheat English muffin, sliced in half
1 small roma tomato
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 slice Canadian bacon, diced
1/4 cup (4 tbs) shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1 tbs. fresh parsley
salt & pepper to taste

Directions

Preheat oven to 450 degrees (A mini toaster oven works serves as a perfect instrument here). Line a small baking sheet with foil.

Set the halved English Muffins cut side up on your baking sheet. Use a small bowl to toss the diced tomatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pile these dressed tomatoes on each English muffin slice.

Sprinkle Canadian bacon over the tomatoes, and scatter the shredded Mozzarella on top.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is brown and melted.
Sprinkle with fresh parsley.

Time to devour.

3 comments:

  1. Those look amazing! Looks very easy to make too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that breakfast is essential! I feel sick without it... Those muffins look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,

    They taste even better! Try it.

    Natalie,

    Very true. Give them a try and tell me if they taste as good as they look :-)

    Priyanka

    ReplyDelete