:Green and White Chicken Salad with Tahini Dressing::







Green and White Chicken Salad

I think I penned the titled of this recipe when I wasn't giving anything much thought. Just feeling carefree and accepting the pace of my day, I pulled random ingredients where I could instantly visualize what the taste would be like just by looking at it. It was unusually sunny outside and I could sense a perfect change of weather emerging.  With the influence of the beautiful sun and cool air, I subconciously selected lots of  green and white food, for me the spirit of feeling fresh, crisp and clean. And that's the state which this salad amplifies. 

I do have a small confession to make. I was half way into this dish when I realized I didn't snap a photograph. Embarassing, but it's the truth. As a result the avocados are absent. That's what happens when you put the importance for having a meal on the backburner. You become ravenous and senseless; best to keep a schedule with your meals. I am most productive when I carve out slots of time for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Since this recipe was worth sharing, I know I'll be making it again and will certainly snap another photo before I dive in. 




I N G R E D I E N T S
serves 1

2 cups of greens (arugula, green leaf, kale, romaine--whatever the heart desires)
1 cup alfalfa sprouts
1/2 cup chicken breast shreds (oven roasted w/oil, salt, pepper in its former life)
1/8 avocado
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1 tablespoon tahini
1/4 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1 drop soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon Za'tar- Middle Eastern Spice blend (optional--just as good w/o it)




D I R E C T I O N S


Grab a nice, big bowl...
1.)   Whisk the olive oil, tahini, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, and za'tar to create the dressing. Done. 
2.)  Toss the dressing with the greens, shredded chicken, and avocado. . 


* Be creative and add your own medley of vegetables. (Turnips, jicama, carrots or cremini mushrooms work well here. Toasted pepitas are great too.)



No comments:

Post a Comment